Casey and Teresa created Mango Safaris 20 years ago after traveling extensively in Africa. Their first job in the industry was as chefs for an overland safari company traveling through Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia. Mango Safaris began as a company specializing in personally guided group trips and has evolved over the years into a small company of experts creating intricate custom journeys. We have a lifetime of friendships and connections in Africa which we incorporate into our client’s experiences. Crafting amazing journeys in Africa is not our job, it is what we live.
Our small team spends on average of three months a year scouting out new and old favorite locations in Africa. Casey, Teresa and Brian work on every trip you don’t get handed off to a sales associate with a little expertise. Our clients benefit by traveling with an owner run and operated company and here are a few reasons why:
– We have tested all of the ranges to travel in Africa from backpacking to private plane journeys. This veteran experience enables us to be incredibly creative designing trips for a range of travel styles and interests. We understand the complicated logistics required to stitch these regions together intimately.
– Our areas of expertise include the wildlife safari regions of East and Southern Africa, the ancient civilizations of Morocco and the islands of the Indian Ocean. We only add destinations we have personally visited.
– We listen to our client’s visions and dreams for their African experience. This makes each trip uniquely designed.
– We realize that not everyone has an unlimited travel budget, and we know the fabulous options at the many price ranges. No matter what your budget, we pride ourselves on smartly spending every one of your dollars to get the maximum experience out of your investment.
– Our love of Africa has been growing since we were in our early 20s. This means that we have traveled there throughout several phases in our lives. We have been single, young and willing to rough it at times. We have been honeymooners traveling on romantic adventures with our life partners. Now we travel with our kids and parents on multigenerational trips.
– We want to see Africa thrive and it is one of our core values to support communities and conservation done right. We want to help the preservation of wildlife ecosystems and communities.
– Our end goal and dream for Mango Safaris was never to create wealth. It was to create a lifetime of happiness both in continuing to explore a place we love and to help as many people as possible experience Africa’s magic.